Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow Day: Round 2

It's been almost a month since we got our last snow. We've had ice all week and the whole world has been shut down because Texas just isn't equipped to handle this kid of weather.  My friends in other places and from other places think this is hilarious. Hell, I think its hilarious. My family is from Chicago and my aunt posted pictures of their blizzard this week with FEET of snow drifts taller than me!  But in Texas, any frozen stuff is a recipe for chaos. 

Yesterday they were predicting snow a dusting to 1" of snow.  Earlier this week it was supposed to be a high of 48 today. Well the dusting turned into 1-3" by last night and this morning we woke up to 6" of snow!  I had a feeling this might happen and when i finally went to bed at 1am I was elated to see the fluff falling gracefully from the sky.  Have I mentioned i LOVE snow...magic.

We are currently trying to transition Tyler into sleeping in his pack n play (from the bassinet part) so that eventually he might sleep in his crib. He isn't having this.  I gave up around 1ish last night and he slept in the swing.  We'll try again tonight I guess. Its just going to take getting used to, but he is too big to be in that little bassinet now. We've been putting it off because he's been sick but I have a feeling it could be a few rough nights around here.

Not much happening around here. B is working from home today and we may get together with Chris and Jenna for some Wii tonight.  I have a lot of laundry to try and get finished.  I'm doing alright but I need to finish! It is never ending around here.










No comments:

Post a Comment